Saturday, April 11, 2009

See You In My Dreams



Dreams take on a whole new meaning after the loss of your soul mate. They are a realm you travel to each night, with their population and surroundings always a mystery.
Sometimes I have dreams in which I see my love; that smile, that face, that counterpart of my being. There have been times I've been able to speak with him and other times in which I feel as if he cannot see me. There are times in which I am conscious of the fact that he is not alive and times when I feel that I've been thrown into a time machine taking me to a time when he was still here.

After encountering theses night encounters I may wake up with a smile on my face and a drive like no other to take on the world, then there are the times in which I wake up in tears or just with the need to stay curled up in the enveloping warmth of my comforter.
I've come to terms that these dreams may not all have a special meaning or happy ending. There are no dream dictionaries that can decipher their hidden message or let me know which ones may actually be Michael visiting me, or just my imagination feeding into my never ending want to be near him.

I still will wake each morning and face this new chapter that I never thought I'd be the author of. I still will be go to bed each evening not knowing what will come, but unafraid to shut my eyes..... and I will still see you in my dreams.

I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night. ~Bill Watterson

2 comments:

  1. Well said, Taryn. You perfectly described the state of entering into and awaking from the world in our dreams. The world I sometimes rather stay in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely know the feeling you speak of on staying in dream land for as long as possible. Here's wishing you happy dreams! pow pow

    ReplyDelete