Saturday, January 23, 2010

Yep, that's me...

I miss the quirky awkwardness that was all ours.

The waking up in the morning and making up songs about the cereal I was about to eat. The moments where he'd surprise me....not with roses, but fried okra.

Giggling like teenagers as we snuck out to fool around in random parking lots.

Smiling at each other during cheesy movies and then getting in the car to see who could do the best impersonations of "Naaaccchhooooooooooo" or whatever other lines made us smile.

He always was proud of how well i could do, "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"....I was really good at it.

I'd turn on '50s music and he'd dance with me, smiling the whole time.

We'd go to the Zoo and take pictures of the squirrels running around, instead of the lions.

But all of those things and more.....are what made us, us. What made our love, our amazing love, what it is.

I still make up songs, and sometimes I'll even stop by "Church's" and eat my okra. I will laugh at the corny jokes in a theater when no one else will, and snort with enthusiasm when the rest of the world is silent. He encouraged me to be who I was...who I am...and I am so proud to be me....because it is when I am me, that I am us....I am perfect.



“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment