Tuesday, July 13, 2010

And Now for Something Completely Different


Some things remain unchanged for centuries, such as Stonehenge (my photo, two summers ago). Others change much more rapidly, such as myself (no photo, you've seen me before ;).

I guess 4 and a half years isn't a tiny bit of time, but in the framework of a lifetime, 4 years is pretty quick. I find it hard to believe how far I've come since November 2005. At the time, I thought my life was over, I was preparing myself to just suffer through the rest of it.

Flash forward to today, and I'm able to see the possibilities. I'm able, once again, to move forward with my life, feeling that things are pretty darn good. Unlike what I thought, my life didn't end in 2005, it morphed into something different. I'm different too, harder in some ways, and softer in others, but still me at the core. It took a little while to find me again, but I'm here. Underneath the pain of loss and the reality of grief - the mischievous girl with the twisted sense of humor still lurked. I'm glad she's back full-time, I missed her!

It's a musical Tuesday -

Some things in life are bad
They can make you really mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best....

And....always look on the bright side of life....
Always look on the light side of life....

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So, always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath....

Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.....

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=1loyjm4SOa0&feature=related

Happy Tuesday! - Michelle D.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Michelle. I needed to know this. My latest post was wondering when I will find the joy again and your post lets me know that maybe it's somewhere down the road. Good to know.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thank you for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete