Saturday, November 13, 2010

You Too


“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one’.”

-C.S. Lewis



Today is just one of those days where I wanted to talk about how grateful I am for my fellow widows.



The women that pull me out of a funk, the women that give me hope, the women that know the unspoken words in my heart, the women that know the depth and never-ending length of my love.



I've tried to make sure and not imagine the "what-ifs" in life, but I must say that I would not be who I am or what I've become without each of them.



Each have come into my life at different points since Michael's death, but with each I've been able to have it..that moment where we looked into each others eyes...all differences set aside...to say the words that would make us feel alive once more....understood on a planet we once felt alone on....



"You too!?"

4 comments:

  1. Hi Taryn,

    I lost my husband six months ago and have yet to meet any other widows. I would like to so I could have someone who understands but I'm not sure how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taryn,
    I lost my husband 14 months ago. I joined a local support group and met "new" friends there. Check your local community for hospice centers, - they usually offer various types of support, even if your husband didn't go thru there - mine didn't, but I found support thru them and they were able to also provide other local support information. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how my new "friends" get it and we formed an instant bond & friendship immediately after meeting in this new community of being a "widow". It helps during this difficult and painful journey.

    ReplyDelete