Saturday, September 10, 2011

Moments


They happen...sometimes more than I think I can handle.


Those moments where it feels like I'm in a well, with all the walls caving in on me.

The sad thing is I see it when I'm being lowered down....like the bucket on the rope.

I anticipate what will happen and still am lowered further and further down...feeling as if there is no one at the top to help pull me up.

I reach the bottom and know that my soul and spirit will collapse with the walls around me....

I look up once more, taking that last glance at the light that seems so far away.

I bow my head to come to terms with the unwanted fate I have found myself in.

I close my eyes to become acquainted with what will be my new scenery.

And then...when I've made peace with the dark...it happens...

Something hits my heart and my arm...

A rope..a bucket...a hope...

And as he pulls me up...my love...my eyes readjust to the light, the warmth, the life still before me.

The air is inhaled a bit deeper, my heart opened a bit wider, my willingness to keep going a bit stronger.

"The Buddha said that suffering was caused by desire, we’d learned, and that the cessation of desire meant the cessation of suffering. When you stopped wishing things wouldn’t fall apart, you’d stop suffering when they did.”









-John Green

2 comments:

  1. A rope...a bucket...a hope...Thank You Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hope. ((hugs)) to you.

    from another military widow.

    ReplyDelete