Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012




Holy smokes, Batman.



2000 freakin' 12.



I don't quite know how to simply describe 2011 or simply describe what I hope 2012 to be.



I feel I've excelled.



I feel I've failed.



I feel I've laughed more.



I feel I've been disappointed more.



I feel I've grown.



I feel I've shrunk.



I feel I've exceeded my expectations.



I feel like I haven't done enough.



I feel...as I type this...I'm a bit of a split personality ;)



Or a person who hasn't quite still found a steady balance in the crazy scale of life.



But I think there's a part of me that knows deep down I liked the excitement of running side to side, just long enough to keep my balance...find that center, but not long enough to ever feel that all will always be as it is...more so a time to know that one side will sometimes lean more than the other and my center will never look the same as the last time I balanced it.



Balance.



Even typed out it looks so linear...so horizontal....so not me.



So....2012 will be awesome.



Crazy.



Not what I expect.



Not always what I will have envisioned.





And more than anything... a little off-balance.



I'm excited for it...



For life in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I think it will be that for many of us...a bit unbalanced. I too like to think I want something calm, something that feels like I struck the perfect balance, yet that isn't likely going to happen. I think it is ultimately about the challenge, which makes life a bit more interesting.

    ReplyDelete