Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mine


“I would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I’d just been myself.”
-Brittany Renee

At this very moment...undoubtedly...like every moment since his death...I am following the map created every second by my heart.

It hasn't been the easiest one...

The smoothest one.

Or the most scalable of paths.

But it has been the one, that for nearly 5 years, which has been the right one for me.

It's been one that I've walked alone.

It's been one that I've walked with many.

It's been one that's never led me astray...even though I was certain it had at many moments.

It's been mine.

Not his.

Nor hers.

Nor yours..But mine.

And never....ever...have I been more proud, more excited, more certain...with each step...to keep walking.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Taryn, and true words. We all have to walk it in our own, individual way. No matter who tells us which route we should take, what road was the fastest, the surest, we still have to find our own way. I struggle with this often, especially when I seem to be walking backwards. But if I don't panic, calm down, listen to my heart and follow it's advice I can steady myself, pick myself up and get back on my road once again.
    It's hard but necessary and at times very foggy, just like your perfect picture. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete