Saturday, June 22, 2013

Breathe


tumblr_m9r79xUFh71qztsrto1_500

The sun would seep through the doors.

My eyes would blink with hesitation.

Fear.

They'd open and it would hit my heart like a sledgehammer.


The stark fact that I was still breathing.


The thought of knowing that I had a possible 60 more seconds, let alone 5 minutes, let alone another day, was my hell.


It was the beginning days and months of Michael's death.


Then the minutes became bearable. And then the days. And then I would play with the thought of making plans a week ahead.


This was the beginning.

The end.


And now, in retrospect, the days I have pride in knowing I held on.

1 second.

2.

3.

Breathe.
























1 comment:

  1. I am having on of those days where I can't seem to focus. At almost 2 years I am fed up with this whole grieving crap. Your post reminds me how far I have come and to be kind to myself. Thanks

    ReplyDelete