Saturday, February 19, 2011

Announcement



***I'd like to take a moment out of my life to make this announcement***

I like being me.

I like being the wife and widow of a hero.

I like the knowledge that I have the best of family, friends and pets.

I like the oddities of my being that I'm still being introduced to.

I like being introduced to them.

I like sunshine through my blinds when I awake.

I like telling my husband how in love with him I am, every night when I go to bed.

I like to dream of him.

I can survive the mornings when I don't.

I like the warmth that overcomes me when I am reminded of the amazing things still out there for me to enjoy.

I like sitting a coffee shop and lip syncing the words of a favorite song.

I like to sing them out loud, but spare the strangers around me.

I like when strangers become the people who get us through the days we never thought we'd survive.

I like how they are no longer strangers.

I like the days when I am ready to take on the world.

I like having the ability to forgive myself when I don't.

I like when a sour time turns sweet.

I sometimes like celebrating the sweet over a glass of wine, sushi and foreign film.

I like turning up the volume on the foreign films, when I can't hear them speaking.

I like that it doesn't matter if the volume is up because I'm reading subtitles.

I like driving with my top down....convertible top.

I like looking down at my picture of Michael in the odometer and feeling an overwhelming sense of love take me over.

I like screaming out loud to him in reply....and smiling at the other drivers wondering why I am yelling to the heavens.

I like living.

I like having no fear for when the time comes that I will live no longer.

I like being Taryn Davis.

***You may now return to your regularly programmed life.***

4 comments:

  1. Taryn - i love this line "I like having no fear for when the time comes that I will live no longer."

    I remember telling a friend, it is my one consolation about my husbands death - that chance of reunion, upon my own.
    Before he died he whispered "they are waiting for me" .
    I hope he will be waiting when it is my turn.
    Now I have no fear about dying.

    Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!
    All of it!

    "I like looking down at my picture of Michael in the odometer and feeling an overwhelming sense of love take me over."
    I hadn't thought of this - keeping a photo of Dave in the car. Will have to do this. Today.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My younger sister’s picture and the CD with her singing Russian gospel music are still on my car and will remain there for the foreseeable future. She left us just after she turned 49 in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like having a picture of Don in the car...I like the feeling that death is my passport to him!

    ReplyDelete