Saturday, July 21, 2012

Enlightened

Our job in this lifetime is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine we ought to be, but to find out who we already are and become it.

(Steven Pressfield)

Ever since my Firewalk instructor certification, I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off of me.   The bad thing about such enlightening experiences is that you must step out of that bubble of acceptance and understanding, into the real world where most people have a hard time grasping just all that occurred physically and mentally.   I, of course, haven't let that sway me, but I've taken on daily meditations as a way to center my mind for all that will come my way.   All that has come from me being aware of every thought, action, and reaction has made me feel like some sort of widow spiderman!   Of course I struggle, but I always bounce back up.   I feel so light inside.   I forgave those that I had been keeping my grasp in fear of what life would be when all mental and physical burdens were lifted.   I replaced it with gratitude.   I took fear and switched it out for following my heart even more.   I have not been disappointed.   So much is changing around me and I feel that there aren't any anchors to weigh me down or snags to hold me back.   I don't know of it's enlightenment or me just finally letting go of the things that were weighing my soul down.   Whatever it is...I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment