Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!



Today marks another holiday that truly puts into perspective just all that our husband's fought, loved and died for.

I will not lie....Veteran's Day, Memorial Day and 4th of July used to be holidays that seemed to melt together. Besides separate months, fireworks and parades, I truly never felt to full capacity what each really stood for and meant to me.

With Michael getting killed in the US Army, as a veteran of a war I now feel, live and know just what each one of those holidays mean to so many of us who have been directly affected by the sacrifice that make's these days what they truly are.

Fourth of July is a holiday that celebrates the country and independence we all have, but also the lives lived by those who love and loved it so much that they laid and lay they're lives on the line to secure it for all of us.

Tomorrow I will celebrate in my own way some of the freedoms Michael so loved, as I know that they were a key component to him doing and having the job he had. I thank him and so many others for teaching me through their actions what the epitomy of these holiday's are.

Happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

  1. Taryn, thinking about you and all of the war widows today. Thanks for your thoughtful words. I hope you are with friends today. Laura, www.griefandrenewal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taryn, thinking of you and all of the war widows today. Thanks for your thoughtful words. I hope this finds you with friends.
    Best!
    Laura
    www.griefandrnewal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taryn,

    I can't even begin to tell you how much admiration, love and respect I have for you. I have a dear friend who introduced me to "The Widow's Project" on Facebook and I've been following along through there for a while now.

    I have been truly touched, as an Army wife, by the stories and the strength of you, and these other women. There just aren't words, enough words.

    THANK you, for giving me this perspective, as an Army wive with a living husband. I've been able to look at my life in a new perspective, to look at my husband with a new love, to not take life with my husband for granted (I've always been pretty good at doing this, now MORE than ever), and take life with a newer meaning. If you don't mind, I'd love to follow and subscribe to this blog.

    With much love and respect,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete