Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pain


“Which do you want: the pain of staying where you are, or the pain of growth?”- Judith Lasater
 

I know that pain is inevitable.

In a way, it is something to be looked forward to.

But, damn, it still hurts.

Causes stress.

Doubt.

Fear.

But like building muscles, we must first be broken down to have the ability to come back stronger than we were before.

I've been reminded of that this past week, not so much in myself (though it is a ever-occurring thing), but in the externals.

With that discomfort has come moments of feeling drained, irritable, and STRESSED.

Basically, not feeling like the me I've acclimated to since turning the corner in my journey.

It's been a time where I've had to remind myself of what all of this "breaking down" is "building up" for in my life and endeavors.

It's painfully exciting.

Exhaustively necessary.

Overwhelmingly due.

Sometimes just typing it out is all I need to remember those facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment