Saturday, June 4, 2011

Recap



The past week has been a roller coaster.

Charlie was laid to rest and it was one of the hardest moments of my life. It was also during that time that I was moved by my friends kindness. I was lucky and blessed to have some of my dearest and best friends there...friends that weren't like the friends that were around when Michael died....these are friends that aren't going anywhere and laugh and cry and grieve without questions or answers. TT told me she wasn't used to being so open with her feelings, as we all shared our love and memories with Charlie...the secret is...it's because they were there that I was able to. I love you all so very much. Thank you for helping me, loving me, and allowing me to be called your friend...I'll never feel deserving of such kindness.

The flip side of this major loss is a major gain! My organization, as of today, has it's first official office! I hold the key and smile...it's more than an office...it's a brighter and more beautiful future for myself and the fellow widows of the AWP. I'm so excited and know that this means nothing but good. It's in my dream area. My dream 360 square feet. And will be a place where even more dreams come true for all we serve.

I'm spending this month to absorb all that May has consisted of. A month of growth, pain, survival, and the further assurance that Michael's love is always present.

That's it.

The end .

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that you have been going through this added loss. I'm also wanting to wish you luck on this next step for your organization. It will be such a life giving opportunity.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete