Saturday, December 7, 2013

Breaking


I've been traveling a ton the past week and in the midst of that, found myself looking through notebooks filled with quotes and thoughts that have inspired my being.


One in particular, stuck out this evening:

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding."

Whoa!

If that isn't poignant to the ebbs and flows of our lives as surviving spouses, then I don't know what is!?

SO many times I was consumed by the pain, that I put on blinders to the understanding and lessons they carried.

THe pain became a safe haven from the scary and sometimes amazing truths that awaited life after tragedy.

And to be honest, even 6 years later, I sometimes find myself paused on the pain and not pushing play to the teachings.

But that's life. Recognizing the pain. Releasing it. Realizing the jewels of wisdom it carries and carrying on.

Harsh at time to hear, but my reality.

A reality I come to terms with, celebrate and loving fight and release to daily.

1 comment:

  1. I heard that quote recently too and it blew me away also! Thanks for reminding me of it =)

    ReplyDelete