Saturday, December 21, 2013

Built

weddinghghg1
“A song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in you or the world, that one song stays the same, just like that moment. Which is pretty amazing, when you actually think about it.” -Sarah Dessen


This Monday will mark our 8 year wedding anniversary.
As I've said over the years, I've never defined Michael's life by his death, so the anniversary of his death has never had the burn of the day that symbolizes him and our time together...

Our wedding day.
A day that symbolizes our love.
His love.
The unconditional love he showed myself and everyone else.

The pain and angst enveloped me at times, but one thing always takes me away from any sadness that wears on my soul:
Hearing our wedding song.

He let me choose it, and when the time came for our first dance, we swayed (mostly due to lack of dancing skills) back and forth, lost in the moment, tunnel vision only into each others eyes and the warm glow of our hearts melding even deeper into their eternal bond.

After his death, a year and a half later, the words of the song have guided me through dark moments.

They've reminded me that everything that I've been able to do, survive and embrace, has been built upon his love...his kiss. And I'll keep on building.

Happy Anniversary, my love. SILWY
Give me a kiss to build a dream on And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss
Ah sweetheart, I ask no more than this A kiss to build a dream on

1 comment: