Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Joy


Meet bouncing baby boy Christopher - the newest addition to David and Leslie's(bro and sister-in-law) family. Christopher was born yesterday (yes, for today only he can't say "it's not like I was born yesterday"!). I haven't met my newest nephew yet. I intend to today and I can't wait!

Although my own days of having babies are past, it is so amazing to see the miracle happen for someone else. Suddenly, where there was just a bit of a belly - now rests a lovely little life, eyes closed most of the time, resting up and growing, preparing to experience the world. It's such a wonder, birth. Out of nothing (snips, snails, and puppy dog's tails) comes a life! A tiny perfect little life that is just beginning. The expression on the faces of those who are present at the birth of a baby is life changing. In that perfect moment - wonder, hope, and joy, hearts bursting with love. Really, all of the best things that life has to offer.

Welcome to the world baby Christopher! Thank you for all the joy that you have already brought your Mommy and Daddy (and Avery and Joseph too), and thanks in advance for all of the joy you will surely bring the rest of us. I can't wait to meet you!

Happy Tuesday! - Aunt Mickie :)

1 comment: