Saturday, December 11, 2010

Presence


This week has been beyond one of my comprehension. One of new experiences, new travels, new bonds, and new horizons for myself and the organizzation.

 

I found out about 2 months ago that some of my fellow widows submitted my story and organization to L'oreal's Women of Worth. A program that aimed to showcase volunterrs of causes, I then found out that I was one of the top 10 honorees, giving our organization funds to further our mission.

 

This past week I was flown into DC for the ceremony and meet fellow honorees. I met 9 women that dumbfounded me to be in such presence. Women ranging from 18 to 90, women that were the epitomy of passion, women of a worth beyond worth.

 

Sitting at a table, it hit me that there are people that in a small way saw the need for a cause that I started due to my own needs....my needs to not feel alone...my needs to feel connected with others that shared in my grief...my need to unify those that believed in the power of heal and healing.

 

Last night, among those 9 women, my organization was chosen for the National prize, and as I went to the stage...all that hit me....all that by brain could comprehend was his presence. His undying love that I have unearthed through the AWP, my fellow widows, and those that dared not to give up.

 

I'm now at an event with 13 of the most amazing military widows, and as I sit here and try and absorb all that has taken place in the last 48 hours...the only emotion I feel is gratefulness, love, inspiration, and appreciation.....the core essence of an undying love....of the presence that never leaves my side.

7 comments:

  1. Taryn, CONGRATULATIONS on this outstanding honor for you and the AWP!
    I am amazed by your strength and passion and you are truly an inspiration to women of all ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve the honor! This website has been a godsend to me. Where I live there is not a group of young widows and I felt so all alone and needed to know what was normal. In the early stages of my grief it gave me hope that someday I could feel happy again, and that I might be able to find love yet still honor the memory of my late husband! I know that I am not alone in my gratitude. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so very deserving of this recognition! Regardless of our age or circumstance we are all joined by the death of our loved ones. Your vision to help other widows is a great gift to all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your journey with us and helping us all find each other. It means so much to have a place to come where others understand...and even tho' we don't want to be widowed...we still have a place to belong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock! You are walking what I talk about when I say the gift of widowhood! Congratulations for following what you need and turning it into something that we all need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Taryn! You are an inspiration! I saw you in People magazine this week! Incredible!!!! I'm sure Michael was there cheering you on!!!!

    ReplyDelete