Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sand


Be a master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out - it’s the grain of sand in your shoe. -Robert Service

I'm just really tired. I've sat and thought of something to write about but it eludes me and my lids become heavier. It's December, the hardest month of every year since Michael was killed, someone very close to me is ill, I have amazing things going on too, and it piles and piles. I have a damn grain of sand in my shoe of life.

I think I just need a good nights rest, then I'll lean over, pull off my shoe, flip it over and start a new day...a day hopefully focused on the mountains ahead...the mountains I can't wait to conquer and climb...one by one...

But for now, I must rest.


3 comments:

  1. Rest well and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have had those days- you speak for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling well. Sleep well.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete