It is December again.
It should be time to sink into the December blues of Christmas and New Year alone again.
...and now with added unemployment due to Newman's job cuts.
But I seem to be floating on a tiny bubble of hope instead.
I saw a psychic a few weeks ago.
(Whether you believe in spirituality or not, in the end, she was cheaper than a psychologist and I felt much better afterwards.)
Perhaps because she told me to give myself permission to let go of the things beyond my control.
Like another contract for next year..... I have worked my hardest all year and have to trust that all I have done will be enough to land a job somewhere.
She also gave me hope that I will meet another man who I wont want to run screaming from.
Whether its fake or not, it feels nice to have hope.
...and I am enjoying things more than I otherwise would.
- Miss K got an academic award at school today. I was overjoyed for her.
- Mum and Dad are buying another puppy that the kids will be able to play with all holidays - this thought fills me with child-like joy as I keep looking at the pictures of the puppy they are collecting this weekend.
- H has been delighting me with his own brand of humour.
- Both kids have had a great year at school.
- I get to see my friends through the holidays.