Saturday, August 10, 2013

Clarity


“Peace and clarity is not to be learned by flight from the world, or by running away from things, or by turning solitary and going apart from the world. Rather, we must learn an inner solitude wherever or with whomsoever we may be.”
-Meister Eckhart


It keeps happening.

Just when I feel that I not only have seen and entered the light from the dark tunnel, that I found myself in after Michael's death, I realize it can get brighter.

It's like wearing a million pairs of sunglasses. You can see, but it's not until you raise your hand and realize there's one pair stacked onto another, from which you remove one, that you see that it brightens your surrounding.

Sight wasn't inhibited, so who would usually think to check, but once you do, and have the strength and faith to remove a pair (aka the blocks we unknowingly create), do we see the clarity that awaits us around each corner.

Clarity brought out by situations, people, experiences, a simple note or even just listening to the lyrics of a song.

And it becomes clearer and brighter...and just when you think you're on cruise control with your sunnier perspective, you reach up to brush a piece of hair out of the way to find there's another air of "shades" that can be removed.


Don't worry. I've realized that I will always want to have one "pair" on, as to not blind me from that which is trying day and night to show me the immense and eternal peace that awaits.

I guess it's kind of like my love for Michael. It unveils, it repairs, it is everlasting, and it will shield me from some things, but it's my job to realize what things I'm unknowingly blocking myself from seeing clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment